Body contouring is a rapidly advancing segment now with new techniques and more patients coming up every day. Body contouring is the overall transformation of your body involving various types of surgeries for the different areas of your body. It is very popular in the world we are living in today. It helps in bringing a stable proportion to the body by reshaping, redefining and tightening the body.It is very important to understand that the results can vary from person to person depending on the body type. Proper lifestyle adjustments are required in order to make the body contouring procedures results stay. Here are the top 9 myths surrounding body contouring that need to be busted:
1. Liposuction is similar to regular weight loss: It is a widely believed concept, but a false one. It is carried out to minimize the fat present in certain areas where traditional weight loss methods do not work properly. It is not a procedure that deals with obesity, intra-abdominal fat or excess loose skin. So, it is important not to make the mistake of assuming that it is an alternative to weight loss.
2. It is painful to go through a body contouring procedure: It is not always true. Body contouring can be carried out through non-surgical treatments too. Today’s market will provide you with options that are high in effectivity but have minimal or no pain.
3. Body contouring results do not last: How long the results last is completely based on the kind of lifestyle the patient leads. If the patient has a healthy lifestyle involving a balanced diet and good exercise routine, then the longevity of the results will automatically be excellent. If otherwise, it is likely to fall apart soon.
4. You can say “goodbye” to weight gain through body contouring: It is not only completely false but a very delusional notion. The main objective of a body contouring procedure is to reshape and redefine your body. It shrinks the fat cells in a particular area but the fat cells in other areas might enlarge with weight gain. It completely depends on you. You will enjoy the results for as long as you can maintain a healthy lifestyle.
5. Body contouring banishes cellulite forever! Cellulite is basically subcutaneous fat that is responsible for the dimpling of skin. It is impossible for a liposuction to get rid of this layer of fat and tissues. However, it can be reduced through other methods.
6. Non-surgical procedures do not work: Although non-surgical procedures of fat removal are not a replacement for liposuction, it is important to understand that they are beneficial too. Research shows that focused ultrasound beams can help in the removal of a good amount of fat from an area. It is important to keep in mind that a healthy diet and exercise are required to get the best results from these non-invasive procedures.
7. Skin tightening can be achieved through fractional laser skin-resurfacing: Fractional lasers are a good choice for treating fine lines, acne scars, discoloration of the skin and sun damage. But, they are not devices meant for skin tightening. Some skin tightening may occur in a small percentage of patients but it is not at all something that is predictable as a benefit. The rule of thumb is that the more the recovery time, the better the results.
8. Body contouring is heavy on the pocket: It is not necessarily true. Because of the availability of so many different types of body contouring, the cost widely vary. There are affordable non-invasive surgeries out there but the thing is, body contouring costs depend completely on the area covered, the number of sessions needed and the kind of results you are looking for.
9. Too many risks are involved in a body contouring procedure: This is not true and is based on the kind of procedure you opt for. While invasive surgeries have increased risks involved, non-invasive surgeries have minimal risks. The most common complications involved during a body contouring surgery are scarring, bleeding, swelling, infection and changes in sensation of the skin. It is important to talk to your doctor regarding your medical history before undergoing a cosmetic surgery.
Body contouring procedures like liposuction and abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) are getting increasingly popular among people of almost every age group because who does not want a bit of an extra help in correcting their body shape? But, it is important to first clear out misconceptions and gain a proper understanding of the procedures first. To get better results and make the most of a body contouring procedure, it is important to check off these body contouring tips off your list:
●Have realistic goals – These procedures are meant to fine-tune your body shape and not help you deal with obesity or excess fat. They are not a replacement for a good diet and exercise.
●Reaching a stable weight – It is important that you maintain a good diet and regular exercise to have a stable weight and prevent major fluctuations. This can drastically degrade the quality of body contouring results.
●Ask questions to your cosmetic surgeon – You should ask questions to your cosmetic surgeon before the treatment to remove any doubts that are interfering with your decision to go through a body contouring procedure. Some good questions are:
a.How long do you need to take off of work?
b.What are the medications that you need to stop taking?
c.What to expect during recovery from the procedure?
d.When will you be able to see the final results?
It is important to know everything about the procedure for you feel confident about the entire thing and ensure a positive experience out of it.
●Planning ahead – Make sure that everything is taken care of before your surgery so that you can have a smooth and more relaxing recovery experience. If you have kids, make sure a responsible adult takes care of them and you can have a relaxing recovery space.A bit of stress management and proper planning can help you get through the process easily and there you go, in no time you will be waiting for the final