Gynecomastia is a condition where men develop abnormal enlargement of breast tissue due to disparity in the level of hormones. Most men and teenage boys face this problem during different stages of their development, hence it is a major problem that must be dealt with.
Here are 5 interesting facts about gynecomastia :
1. Infants are affected by gynecomastia too! Due to their mother’s estrogen, more than 50% of male infants are affected by gynecomastia. However, the enlarged breast tissue goes away a few weeks later.
2. At least 1 in 4 men between the age group of 50-69 are affected by gynecomastia.
3. Street drugs and alcohol also account for enlargement of the breast. Alcohol, heroin, marijuana, and methadone are the major causes.
4. Due to the excessive production of hormone thyroxine by the thyroid glands, men suffering from hyperthyroidism may also be a victim of gynecomastia.
5. Both sides of the breast are affected in 70% of the cases.
At Kaayakalp, male breast correction is either done by removing the extra tissue with surgery or a liposuction procedure is followed. Patients are given utmost attention and care during the whole procedure. Kaayakalp is the best clinic for gynecomastia surgery in Kolkata with Dr.Vikram Singh Rathore leading the team of competent professionals.