Male breast surgery is the most common solution to gynecomastia or enlarged male breasts.
Male breast surgery is the most common solution to gynecomastia or enlarged male breasts. Male breast surgery is a cosmetic procedure that eliminates excess fat and glandular tissue that helps in achieving a firmer and flatter male breast. It adds a muscular contour to the chest.
Male breasts can be a result of genetic reasons, use of certain medications or any other unspecified reason. Gynecomastia can occur at any age without a specific cause. With the aid of male breast surgery at Kaayakalp you can regain your confidence and get rid of embarrassment of all sorts.
What is Gynecomastia?
The condition of enlarged male breast is known as gynecomastia. Approximately, about 50% of men and teenage boys face the problem of enlarged breasts. Such a condition has a deep psychological impact on an individual and brings down one’s confidence. Changing levels of sex hormones is the primary reason behind gynecomastia. While in the case of teenagers, the issue resolves on its own, it requires greater attention the case of adult males. The large breasta can be corrected with a male breast reduction surgery.
What causes Gynecomastia?
Before focusing on a surgical treatment, it is vital to know the reasons responsible for Gynecomastia. There are several reasons for enlarged male breasts:
- Vitamin and mineral deficiencies or calorie malnutrition may cause enlarged breasts.
- An overactive thyroid gland.
- Accumulation of estrogen mimickers from the chemicals and pollution in the environment
- Consumption of certain medications that cause enlargement of breasts.
- Certain problems in liver or kidney can cause enlarged breasts
- A tumor may also be a cause of Gynecomastia
- Fluctuations in the levels of testosterone
Who are the candidates for male breast reduction surgery?
The ideal candidates for male breast reduction surgery are:
- The ones who are mentally and physically stable
- The ones with ideal body weight
- The ones who are above 18 years of age
- The ones with good skin elasticity
- The ones who are affected by gynecomastia on or more breasts
It is crucial for the patient to submit the medical history to the surgeon. This will allow the surgeon to locate reasons behind gynecomastia. Smoking or drinking alcohol excessively can also lead to enlarged male breasts. Along with the surgery, these medical conditions can be fixed with the male breast reduction surgery at Kaaykalp.
Technology behind male breast reduction at Kaayakalp
Small areas can be performed under local anesthesia. Moderate or large areas require general anesthesia.
- Liposuction: For small areas liposuction can be performed in an hour. In cases of 3-5 areas, more time is required by the surgeon. The technique used may vary according to the case of each patient. Tumescent technique involves making small incisions and injecting fluid into the area. This reduces bruises after the surgery. A cannula measuring 3-4 mm or the size of a pencil is connected to a medical suction and excess fat is removed. Cannulas are of 2 types: ultrasonic and mechanic vibrating. Depending on the area of liposuctions, the cannula is chosen by the surgeon.
- Surgical removal: In the cases of some patients, there may be excess hard tissue underneath the nipple. An incision is done on the nipple and the breast skin surrounding it. The hard tissue deposited blow the nipple is then removed through the incision. With the help of stitches, the incision is then closed.
Kaayakalp uses the latest technique and equipments for male breast surgery. Large amount of tissue is also removed through a small incision. Headed by Dr. Vikram Singh Rathore, Kaayakalp has emerged as the best male breast surgery clinic in Kolkata. The expertise, professionalism and experience of his team has made Kaayakalp the centre for all cosmetic surgeries in Kolkata. When it comes to various cosmetic surgeries, Kaayakalp has pioneered in the field, especially in male breast surgery in Kolkata.